All Bald Up With No Place To Go

Making NO apologies for stating what is obvious to me, but may be oblivious to others.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ignorance is Bliss

There is nothing like going out to meet a friend in town from out of town, only to run into someone considered to be a best friend to a person that I once called my boyfriend. He proceeded, in a drunken state, tell me that he was missing his boyfriend very much. My response was...you have a boyfriend? Good for you! He continued the conversation he began by saying, yea...and I am totally monogamous with him, not like your ex when you were with him. You know, I didn't really know how to react to that statement, because it was very clear it was not meant to come out of his mouth when he immediately put his hand over his mouth to cover the "I can't believe I just said that outloud" gasp. I can only imagine that my ex, at one point, had sworn him to secrecy. Sadly, for me, it seems that the statute of limitations had run out. I admit that it didn't affect me like I thought it might, but it did make me feel bad for my younger self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home