All Bald Up With No Place To Go

Making NO apologies for stating what is obvious to me, but may be oblivious to others.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Brand new eyes

So, all joking, bitching, and just generally being me aside today, I am entertaining the idea of getting Lasik eye surgery on my eyeballs. A few people have made their opinion known to me and said that I should not go through with the procedure because my glasses are "me"...whatever that means. Look, glasses are not a schtick, or a comedy routine (unless they are getting knocked off some nerd's face, which when happening to someone other than me, I find to be quite hilarious). Glasses are, in fact, a way of life and a necessity for me, because I am almost literally blind. Why should I have to fill this necessity if I do not have to? I have worn glasses since I was in the 3rd grade, and I cannot remember what it is like to open my eyes in the morning and see clearly. "Why don't you just get contacts?" is a question a lot of people ask me. Unfortunately, I have a "rare" allergy (always have to be allergic to everything) to the plastic that contact lenses are made of. I have tried every type of contact lens on the market, but to no avail, and my eyesight is AWFUL. Friends put on my glasses and after their initial dizziness they tell me they can see into the future. HA HA HA. Anyway, it freaks me out that I would be concious during the whole thing. Then I think, if I can handle my nuts being cut open, then I can SURELY handle a little laser surgery on my eyes. I have not yet made an appointment for a consultaion yet, but I think by this time next week I will have. Besides, I found this REALLY cute pair of sunglasses for $10 at Aldo that I want to wear. It always comes back to the vanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home